Tetris & Dr. Mario for Super NES is a compilation of Tetris and Dr. Mario (hence the name). Both games are a revamped version of their NES counterpart. New features:
- Mixed Mode - each player plays a level of B-type Tetris, a level of Dr. Mario, and uses the remaining time to score points in A-type Tetris.
- Tetris 2-player with garbage - based on the Game Boy version.
- CPU opponents in both Tetris and Dr. Mario
- Diagonal motion (soft drop + shift) in Tetris
- More flexible wall kicks in Dr. Mario
There are minor changes to the Tetris mechanics from the NES version:
- The code to select levels 10-19 has been removed.
- The DAS has changed slightly, now being 17 frames for the first repeat instead of 16. Additional repeats are still 6 frames apart.
- There is now a 10 frame delay before a piece begins falling after it spawns. The piece can freely be moved and rotated during this window.