- Not to be confused with Tetris 2, a game released for the NES, Game Boy and SNES by Nintendo.
Tetris 2 + Bombliss is a game for the Nintendo Famicom by Bullet-Proof Software. Super Tetris 2 + Bombliss and Super Tetris 2 + Bombliss - Gentei Han (Limited Edition) are updated versions of the same game for the Nintendo Super Famicom. Both include Tetris and Bombliss, and both include a battery to save high scores for up to ten players. This game apparently is the first to implement four orientations for S, Z, and I tetrominoes.
The Tetris modes play similar to other Tetris games, with quick movement and animation.
- Game A gives the option of starting from levels 0-20. Clearing 10 lines will advance you to the next level once you have cleared enough lines to have advanced if you had started from 0. For example, if you start at level 3 you will not advance to level 4 until you have cleared 40 lines. After level 29 is level SP0. Clearing 10 lines then advances you to SP1, then SP2, ect.
- Game B has 90 levels (15 speeds and 6 heights), and clearing 25 will advance you a height. Clearing 6 heights will advance you a level.
- Game C is similar to Game A, but garbage will rise from the bottom at certain intervals.
- For the rules of Bombliss, see Tetris Blast.
This version of Bombliss includes 5-block pentominoes, in addition to the 2-, 3-, and 4-block pieces in other versions of Bombliss. These larger pieces make the game more cumbersome to play than the Game Boy port.